Smartphones provide us with extra knowledge, extra memory, and even extra sight. Have you ever used your mobile phone to search for information on the Internet, to consult some notes, to translate some text or to take a picture? Smartphones complement some of our shortcomings and make us smarter.
Even though it seems that mobile phones have been around for ages and that we know all about them, we are pretty sure that there are still some mobile phone facts that you should know. In this post, we will get to see some of them. Let’s go!
1. Have you ever used a Nokia 1100? Be proud, it was the bestselling electrical gadget in history with more than 250 million pieces sold.
2. $4000 was the cost of the first mobile phone in the US, in 1983.
3. In 2012 Apple sold more than 340,000 iPhones per day, which is around 4 per second.
4. Be careful while using your mobile phone, it has 18 times more bacteria than toilet handles.
5. Is your phone waterproof? 90% of mobile phones in Japan, are waterproof. No surprise that many Japanese use phone while taking a bath.
6. Insomnia, confusion, and headaches are caused due to mobile phone radiation. Experts have identified ringxiety, nomophobia, telephone phobia, and frigensophobia as conditions that can affect humans.
7. This sounds odd but you can charge your phone by using urine, scientists developed it.
8. The first mobile call was made by Martin Cooper in 1973.
9. Do you know that the present mobile phones have more computing power than the computers used for the Apollo 11 to land on the moon?
10. In Britain, more than 100,000 mobile phones are dropped down in the toilet seat every year.
11. In 1993, the world’s first Smartphone was debuted at Florida’s Wireless World Conference by BellSouth Cellular, it had an LCD touch screen display. It was designed by IBM and named as Simon , priced at $899. Only 2000 Simmons were manufactured.
12. In the U.S., mobile phone towers and antennas are often disguised. Engineers have developed ways to install the equipment into telephone poles, clock towers, church roofs and even in sign boards. Some of the mobile phone tower is often disguised as plastic trees!
13. 70% of mobile phones are manufactured in China.
14. Around 80% of the world’s population has a mobile phone.
15. More than 90% of adults have their mobile phone within arm’s reach all the time.
16. There are more mobile phones than PCs, the ratio is 5 times.
17. More than 4 billion people own mobile phones. But only 3.5 billion use a toothbrush.
18. Within 3 minutes of delivery, 90% of text messages are read.
19. More than 80% of adults in the U.S. own a mobile phone.
20. What is your monthly mobile phone bill? 142,000 pounds was the highest ever mobile bill by Celina Aarons.
21. According to Guinness World Records, Sonim XP3300 Force is recognized as the toughest phone. It survived an 84ft drop without any operational damage.
22. The mobile phone industry is the fastest growing industry in the world.
23. iPhone 5 Black Diamond is the costliest phone in the world, which costs $15 million. It took nine weeks to build, made of 135 gram solid gold of 24 carats and the chassis was inlaid with 600 white diamonds.
24. 74% of smartphone users use their mobile phone to help with shopping, of which 79% do a purchase.
25. Mobile phone users mostly spend their time on games and social networking 49% and 30% respectively.