Since the existence of human on the Earth, man has been the subject of research. There are ever-new revelations about human life and some of the new and interesting facts which have come to light. Some of the same facts and figures we have brought to you.
1. Your mouth produces about one liter of saliva each day!
2. Your brain is sometimes more active when you’re asleep than when you’re awake.
3. Laid end to end, an adult’s blood vessels could circle Earth’s equator four times!
4. The word “muscle” comes from Latin term meaning “little mouse“, which is what Ancient Romans thought flexed bicep muscles resembled.
5. Bodies give off a tiny amount of light that’s too weak for the eye to see.
6. The average person has 67 different species of bacteria in their belly button.
7. You lose about 4kg of skin cells every year!
8. Babies don’t shed tears until they’re at least one month old.
9. Information zooms along nerves at about 400kmph!
10. The human heart beats more than three billion times in an average lifespan.
11. Your left lung is about 10 percent smaller than your right one.
12. Human teeth are just as strong as shark teeth.
13. Scientists estimate that the nose can recognize a trillion different scents!
14. Humans are the only species known to blush.
15. Your blood makes up about eight percent of your body weight.
16. The cornea is the only part of the body with no blood supply – it gets its oxygen directly from the air.
17. The human body contains enough fat to make seven bars of soap.
18. Between birth and death, the human body goes from having 300 bones to just 206 bones.
19. There are certain kinds of tumors that can grow their own teeth and hair – they’re called teratomas.
20. Astronauts can grow up to two inches taller in space.
21. Your brain can survive for 5 to 10 minutes without oxygen.
22. One-quarter of your bones are in your feet.
23. There are more than 100,000 miles of blood vessels in your body.
24. You are taller in the morning than you are at night.
25. Your left kidney is higher up than your right kidney.
26. Your ears and your nose never stop growing.
27. “Pregnancy brain” is totally real – Women’s brains actually shrink during pregnancy.
28. Tongue prints are as unique as fingerprints.
29. Humans shed about 600,000 particles of skin every hour.
30. Babies only blink once or twice a minute, while adults average 10 times a minute.